Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happiness & Perspective

Today is a pursuit of happiness. After all, shouldn't they all be?

If I could only get my "happiness" to stay put and not have me chase it down all the time, that would help in the pursuit. As it turns out, there are a lot of things that make me happy.

You see, Teesed.com is itself a manifestation of one of those pursuits. It's a combination of my creative self and my analytical self. On the one hand, a site has to be designed. It has to have a personality and a flow to it that is appealing to the intended audience. Some would say the audience here is "t-shirt buyers". Nothing could be further from the truth. People come here looking for something to express themselves. That something might be on a shirt to wear out in public, a mousepad to keep at home, or a coffee mug to take to the office as a show of individuality.

To that end, this site has to be a place where people can easily find that "something". That means the designer in me has to make a site where something like a search bar is easy to find. It also means that the technical geek coder has to make the search work in a way that returns what the customer is looking for.

Another pursuit of happiness is in taking other people's designs and making it easy for others to sell them. I do this through Wishads, a collection of programs that can be used by bloggers or site builders to help others find that special something.

Under much of this is my love of solving puzzles. Tell me it can't be done and I'll smash my head through the wall trying to do it. It's what attracted me to "coding" in the first place - the need to solve a problem with the computer that didn't appear to be solveable by anyone in my circle of friends. So I became "the programmer guy". That works for me, because I've also been called a "genius", a "dream come true" and a "god send". All because my coding helped someone else do what made them happy.

And that makes me happy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so very proud of you for posting, that makes me happy! This is a great topic for you... thanks for sharing today :D

    ReplyDelete